Friday 27 March 2015

Using a Puppy Theme for a Graphic Organizer

I have been using a puppy theme with a lot of my graphic organizers lately.  When I introduced my students to friendly letter writing I created this organizer:



It helped students understand the parts of a letter while providing a nice visual to show them where things belonged.  I made this organizer much larger and created a classroom poster.  Each student was given an organizer for their writing folder.

The puppy theme continued with paragraph writing.  This time, it was in the form of a doghouse.


It's now time to bring the dog back with some journal writing.  A cardboard cut out of our mascot is sent home with a journal and specialty writing paper.  Here's the cover for our class journal:

The dog theme has been successful and really assists students in organizing their work.



No comments: