Friday 29 July 2016

Write the Room

I recently had a conversation with a friend who is changing grades this year.  She's moving to grade 1 and is both excited and nervous.  After having taught students at the upper elementary level for years, she thought it was time for a change.  I reassured her that she was going to love grade 1.  I always heard it was easier moving up the grade ladder than down.  I've had the luxury of changing grades almost every two years.  I was often assigned combined grades and somehow made the best of it.  I've never felt like an expert but I know if I venture into my storage room in my basement, I have enough resources to teach grades 1 through 6 without even worrying about a change in assignments.

Since I won't be changing grades this year, I thought it would be fun to surprise my friend with some "Writing the Room" activities.  She's about to take on literacy stations with a whole new twist.  I'm pretty pleased with these.  I used shapebox fonts and my own crayon clip art.




I thought it would be fun to include a blank crayon template for those early finisher who love to colour.  They can write the word down and then colour it to match.  



No comments: